Champions League Week – Preview and Bet Prediction
LIVERPOOL – REAL MADRID : PREVIEW & PREDICTION
It is one of the shocks of these quarter-finals of the Champions League. Real Madrid and Liverpool are among the most successful clubs in the history of C1. And they find themselves for a place in the last square of this edition. The Merengue are already very well placed to join the next round. In the first leg at home, Zinédine Zidane’s team left no chance for their opponent of the day. A victory by two goals apart which puts the Madrid club in the best shape before the return match at Anfield (3-1). Especially since Karim Benzema’s teammates have a series of very good results at the moment. Real Madrid remain on six successive successes in all competitions.
In La Liga, Real Madrid moved into second place, just one length behind Atlético de Madrid. The Merengue have just struck a big blow by beating FC Barcelona during the Clasico last weekend (2-1). The Madrid club was therefore full of confidence before this trip to England. He will have enough to afford at least a draw in this meeting, to secure his place in the next round. Especially since Liverpool are far from playing the leading roles in the Premier League this season. The Reds are only sixth in the English championship, three lengths behind fourth. Having won only two of their last ten home games, Jürgen Klopp’s men will still have a hard time against Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid won in the first leg (3-1).
- Real Madrid remain on six consecutive wins.
- Real Madrid are in second place in La Liga.
- Real Madrid have just beaten FC Barcelona in the Clasico (2-1).
- Karim Benzema is in great shape, with nine goals in his last seven La Liga appearances.
- Liverpool are only sixth in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have won just two of their last ten home games.
- Liverpool are nowhere near as impressive as last season.
- Liverpool risk leaving a lot of space for their opponent of the day.
Real Madrid seem to have already done the hard part in the first leg. The Merengue managed to win by two goals against Liverpool (3-1). Zinédine Zidane’s team will therefore try to keep this result during this trip to Anfield. And the Madrid club will have enough to achieve its goal! Real Madrid are finishing very strong this season. Coming from a sixth consecutive success by winning in the Clasico (2-1), he will have the means to make another good result against Liverpool.
DORTMUND – MANCHESTER CITY : PREVIEW & PREDICTION
Manchester City is one of the favorites of this Champions League. The Sky Blues have still failed to lift the big-eared cup. And Pep Guardiola dreams of rectifying the situation! For the moment, the English club has never exceeded the last four of the C1. However, he seems to have the means to go to the end during this exercise. Kevin De Bruyne’s teammates lead the Premier League. They are nearly 11 lengths ahead of their first pursuer, just six days from the end of the season. And on the European scene, Manchester City is also convincing. After a controlled first round, the English team easily defeated Borussia Mönchengladbach in the round of 16.
Hosting Borussia Dortmund in the first leg of the quarter-finals, Manchester City had to wait until the last minutes to win (2-1). The Citizens will however be warned for this return to Germany. It will be necessary to raise their level of play to hope to finish the job. And Mancunian players will have the means to afford a new success. Borussia Dortmund are far from their expectations at the start of the Bundesliga season. Only fifth in the German championship, the BVB is nearly seven lengths behind fourth position, synonymous with qualification in C1. Having won only one of its last four meetings, the German club may have a lot of trouble against one of the favorites of this edition.
- Manchester City remains one of the big favorites of this edition.
- Manchester City won in the first leg in the final minutes (2-1).
- Manchester City are the leaders of the Premier League.
- Manchester City remain on six wins in their last seven matches.
- Borussia Dortmund are only fifth in the Bundesliga.
- Borussia Dortmund have won only one of their last four games.
- Borussia Dortmund may leave a lot of space to catch up.
- Borussia Dortmund have conceded at least two goals in 6 of their last 7 outings.
Of course, Manchester City remains on a defeat against Leeds United in the Premier League (1-2). The leader of the English championship, however, wants to quickly raise his head. This is good since the Sky Blues are playing their quarter-final second leg of the Champions League. After their victory in the first leg at home, De Bruyne and others will try to finish the job on the lawn of Borussia Dortmund. Pep Guardiola’s team has enough to sign a new success and ensure its place in the last four of the C1.
PARIS SG – BAYERN MUNICH: PREVIEW & PREDICTION
It’s the return quarter-final that we are all waiting for! During the first leg at the Allianz Arena, we had the right to a superb meeting between Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain. To everyone’s surprise, the club from the French capital got away with a precious victory in Germany. Yet dominated in the game, Mauricio Pochettino’s men were able to count on a double from Kylian Mbappé to win (3-2). However, nothing is decided in this quarter-final! We know very well that PSG have great difficulty in keeping a result. We could see it in the previous round against FC Barcelona, where even with a three-goal lead before returning to the Parc des Princes, the Parisian team was jostled by the Blaugrana players.
And the worst-case scenario could well happen for PSG for this return to the Parc des Princes! Bayern Munich lacked efficiency in the last gesture last week. Hansi Flick’s men still shot more than 30 times on goal! Very disappointed at the final whistle, the Bavarian players risk returning with the knife between their teeth for this meeting. Of course, we do not yet know if Robert Lewandowski will be back for this meeting. But even without the Polish striker, Bayern Munich will have the weapons to turn the tide in this double confrontation. Remaining on a draw against Union Berlin in the league (2-2), the German coach had however chosen to make a great turn-over a few days before this quarter-final return.
PSG was able to continue in Ligue 1. Also turning its workforce, Mauricio Pochettino managed to win on the lawn of RC Strasbourg (4-1) and consolidate his second place three lengths behind the leader of Ligue 1. Tested Covid-19 negative, Alessandro Florenzi and Marco Verratti will return to the Paris group, just like Leandro Paredes who served his suspension match. However, PSG should experience a very big blow with the probable absence of Marquinhos. And it is difficult to imagine PSG containing the assaults of the defending champion of the Champions League without its captain. More motivated than ever, Bayern Munich will have the means to be much more realistic than to go and eliminate the last finalist of the C1.
- Bayern Munich lost in the first leg (3-2), but largely dominated this meeting.
- Bayern Munich remains the defending champion of the C1.
- Bayern Munich shot more than 30 times on goal in the first leg.
- Bayern Munich should still not count on Robert Lewandowski, however, but keep the elements to score.
- Bayern Munich turned in the last Bundesliga meeting against Union Berlin (2-2).
- Bayern Munich seem more motivated than ever to recover from their loss in the first leg.
- PSG will have a good chance of dealing with the absence of Marquinhos.
- PSG will see the return of Alessandro Florenzi, Leandro Paredes and Marco Verratti to the squad.
- PSG have a lot of trouble keeping a result, as we saw in the previous round against FC Barcelona.
- PSG will not be able to create a second feat by playing so low.
- PSG have won only one of their last four home games.
- PSG have conceded at least one goal in six of their last seven outings.
PSG achieved a great feat in the first leg. The capital club won on the lawn of the defending champion of the Champions League (3-2). However, there are at least 90 minutes to go in this quarter-final of the C1. And the defending champion largely dominated the debates last Wednesday. We expect a new domination of the Bavarian club in this meeting. And this time around, the Parisian players could have a hard time containing the many assaults of their opponent of the day.
To qualify, Bayern Munich will have to make a strong impression. A one-goal victory will only be enough if the Bavarian club scores at least three goals (at 3-2, both teams would go into overtime). We should therefore see a very offensive Bavarian team at the Parc des Princes. By being more realistic than in the first leg, Joshua Kimmich’s teammates will have enough to reverse the trend in this quarter-final of the Champions League to join the winner of Manchester City – Borussia Dortmund in the last four.
CHELSEA – FC PORTO : PREVIEW & PREDICTION
Chelsea is very well placed to join the last four of the Champions League. Big favorite in their quarter-final against FC Porto, the London club have already done the job well in the first leg. Due to the health crisis, the two meetings are taking place on the Seville side. And during the first leg, it was FC Porto who received. And Thomas Tuchel’s team did not tremble. Thanks to Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell, she took a good lead before the return match (2-0). Especially since the Blues were full of confidence a few days later. Traveling to Crystal Palace in the Premier League, Kai Havertz’s teammates easily won (4-1). Well installed at the top of the Premier League standings, Chelsea are in full confidence.
And the London players will have enough to afford a second victory against FC Porto. Despite a streak of five in a row in Liga NOS, the Portuguese club are in second place in the Portuguese table. He is five lengths behind Sporting CP, which even has a game short. Sergio Conceiçao’s men will be forced to discover each other in this return match, to try to reverse the trend. And this is a situation that risks doing Chelsea’s business. A few days before a match against Manchester City in the FA Cup, the Blues do not want to give up. To best tackle this shock against the Sky Blues, the London club will do everything to win and calmly compile its ticket for the last square of the C1. Chelsea are favorites.
- Chelsea got the job done in the first leg (0-2).
- Chelsea have just won against Crystal Palace in the Premier League (4-1).
- Chelsea want to build up their confidence before returning to Manchester City in the FA Cup.
- Chelsea have returned to the top of the Premier League table.
- Chelsea have lost only one of their last 18 games.
- As in the first leg, this meeting takes place in Seville, due to the health crisis.
- FC Porto are only second in La Liga NOS.
- FC Porto is obliged to discover itself to catch up again.
Certainly, the hardest part seems to be done for Chelsea. There is still a return match to play for the Blues. And Thomas Tuchel’s team seems to land in great shape to find FC Porto. Winner in the first leg (2-0), the London club should take advantage of the spaces left by its opponent of the day, to take shelter quickly. On an excellent dynamic since the arrival of their new coach, N’Golo Kanté’s teammates will fully intend to sign another victory and join the last four of the Champions League. Chelsea victory!
Bet9ja Today’s TipsBB