Chelsea Handed Man United in FA Cup 5th Round Draw
Chelsea will welcome Man United at Old Trafford in the 5th round of the FA Cup following Monday evening draw. The Red Devil knocked out Arsenal in the fourth round in a 3-1 encounter at the Emirate but will have to face another challenge in their bid to win a silverware under caretaker manager, Solskjaer.
Chelsea beat Sheffield Wednesday and this could also be a very crucial fixture as they look to remain in all four competitions this season.
Eden Hazard scored the only goal from the penalty spot when the sides met at Wembley in May, with Chelsea lifting the trophy for the fifth time in 11 years.
Elsewhere in the draw, League Two side Newport could face Premier League champions Manchester City if they beat Middlesbrough in their fourth round replay.
League One’s Doncaster, through to the fifth round for the first time in 63 years, will host Crystal Palace.
AFC Wimbledon, who beat West Ham in round four, have been handed a home draw against Millwall, who also overcame Premier League opposition in the form of Everton.
See fixtures below:
- Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town or Wolverhampton Wanderers
- AFC Wimbledon v Millwall
- Doncaster Rovers v Crystal Palace
- Middlesbrough or Newport County v Manchester City
- Chelsea v Manchester United
- Swansea v Barnet or Brentford
- Portsmouth or Queens Park Rangers v Watford
- Brighton or West Brom or Derby County