Hazard, Harry Kane and Ibrahimovic Among Shortlisted Players for FIFA Award – Full List
Tottenham forward Harry Kane is the only British player named on FIFA’s player of the year shortlist for 2017.
Kane scored 38 goals in all competitions last season, 29 in the Premier League, winning the golden boot in the process.
While he is the only British player on the shortlist, Kane is joined by several other Premier League stars – Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, Chelsea’s title winners N’golo Kante and Eden Hazard and Manchester United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovich.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the current holder of the Best FIFA Men’s Player award and he is again on the shortlist after helping Real Madrid to the La Liga title and the Champions League.
The winner will be chosen by will be chosen by national team coaches, captains, selected media and a fan vote and will be announced at a ceremony in London on October 23.
The list in full:
* Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (GAB – Borussia Dortmund)
* Leonardo Bonucci (ITA – Juventus/AC Milan)
* Gianluigi Buffon (ITA – Juventus)
* Dani Carvajal (ESP – Real Madrid)
* Cristiano Ronaldo (POR – Real Madrid)
* Paulo Dybala (ARG – Juventus)
* Antoine Griezmann (FRA – Atlético Madrid)
* Eden Hazard (BEL – Chelsea)
* Zlatan Ibrahimovic (SWE – Manchester United)
* Andres Iniesta (ESP – FC Barcelona)
* Harry Kane (ENG – Tottenham Hotspur)
* Ngolo Kante (FRA – Chelsea)
* Toni Kroos (GER – Real Madrid)
* Robert Lewandowski (POL – FC Bayern Munich)
* Marcelo (BRA – Real Madrid)
* Lionel Messi (ARG – FC Barcelona)
* Luka Modric (CRO – Real Madrid)
* Keylor Navas (CRC – Real Madrid)
* Manuel Neuer (GER – FC Bayern Munich)
* Neymar (BRA – FC Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain)
* Sergio Ramos (ESP – Real Madrid)
* Alexis Sanchez (CHI – Arsenal)
* Luis Suarez (URU – FC Barcelona)
* Arturo Vidal (CHI – FC Bayern Munich)